Tuesday 3 July 2007

We got engaged!!

I figured this deserved to not just be buried in my post on Montserrat - On top of Gorro Frigi (the biggest one in the photo), Nelson asked me to marry him!


I said `yes´!
Nelson went to great pains to figure out my finger size, involving friends and family across Canada. He designed the ring, and our friend Caroline made it. It´s a fire opal in silver.




I think it looks especially beautiful against my grubby hands! I guess I shouldn´t quit my day job and become a ring model (oh, wait, I already quit my day job...)




Sigh, life is good. Very good.

We´re off to Venice now, since we´ve decided to visit only the most romantic of European cities (that are nearby good climbing areas).

5 comments:

Ryan said...

Hot dog! Congratulations from us!
Ryan and Ann-Marie.

matosan said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! CONGRATS!!!
Way to go you guys! The two of you are awesome and are great together!
best wishes!
matt

Anonymous said...

I am so excited, congratulations, guys!

Look forward to meeting you, Nelson, when your trip is over.

Your trip looks so wonderful, keep having a blast!

Love Chelle

Nature Nerd said...

Yahoo!! Congrats guys - this is great news :0)
James and I just got engaged as well! We're finding it rather fun so far. Have fun on the boat.
Verena

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lynda. From Wendy Drumm. Your old rugby friend from UBC. I have a crzay story as to how I got your website, and am very much enjoying your adventures. IF you have email i'm at wendy.ravai@sfmi.ca
Have a great rest of your trip