Wednesday 23 January 2008

Santiago: Hot town, summer in the city

For such a transient girl, I've discovered that I do really like to nest so it's been wonderful to have a place to call home, and especially to welcome Nelson to. Our apartment is in a cute little neighbourhood called 'Providencia'. This is the view from our balcony.

I love having a kitchen!! And that Nelson brought me veggie sausages from Vancouver.










The living room.

How hilarious is it that I'm posting photos of the inside of my apartment on my blog? For those of you who've let me know you're living vicariously through me from YOUR living room - well, I guess I've been a little jealous of YOU, lately!

Nelson and I set out to explore the city a little, and see where to buy everything we will need. All of our gherkin needs should be taken care of here at Pickle World.






There is so much happening in Santiago right now - a film festival, theatre, dance and music performances every night - it's almost overwhelming. One night, while looking for a theatre performance that was supposed to be happening in a little plaza, we stumbled upon this carnaval parade. I'm pretty inspired for the next lantern festival in Vancouver!!









No comments: