Monday 9 December 2013

Arizona, African animals, and auras

Well, we've turned into snowbirds!  November vacations to Arizona, and we're not even 50.  We took some friends with kids up on an invite to share a vacation rental for a few weeks in a town called Sedona, well known for its beautiful mountain biking.


Most days, the "two daddies" and the "two mommies", as Audrey called us, took turns riding and parenting.

The "two mommies" at Chicken Point
It was great having a house with a big kitchen and a garage, so we could make ourselves completely at home.


Audrey really liked the biking, too.  Because we were in a neighbourhood where everyone seemed to be over 80 and driving super slow, it was a great place for the kids to play on the road.

She's getting so big! 
Oh wait, she's still pretty puny
We also found a nice playground for the kids to play at.


 The riding was as spectacular and fun as promised.








The one day out of 13 that we didn't ride, we headed to a game park where Audrey got to experience African animals up close and personal.  A giraffe ate a carrot right out of  her hand which blew her mind.  She's still talking about it almost a month later.  She's also been trying to convince me that a giraffe lives in our backyard.  I wish!

I honestly don't know who was more excited about this encounter.  Did I mention that giraffes are my favourite animal?
Hey, they're wearing the same jacket as me.
Too much excitement
Sedona is also very well known for its vortexes, crystal healers, and aura photographers.  We regretted not getting our auras photographed while we were down there, so were glad that our friend Kelt had an app on her phone to do so.

My aura is likely two different colours because I fluffed the aura around my head just before the photo was taken. 

Awww, Audrey has a green aura just like me.

I know you're wondering what the colours mean, so here it is...



No comments: